Is this FREE ?
Yes it is.
How do I preview the template?
- Insert your BID number, and Click Preview. (this will allow you to preview the template on your blog, however you'll not be able to see any graphics or images if any)
- Click on the Thumbnail Image. (this will allow you to preview the template raw with the necessary blog tags)
How do I install the template?
Three simple steps:
1) Insert your BID number,
2) Click Install,
3) Download and upload your template images. Done.
Note: Any modifications or script add-ins that you have put in your "Main Template Edit" will need to be re-entered again. However contents of "Side HTML", "Profile", and "Header HTML" shall remain.
How do I login?
You only need to makesure you are login to BlogDrive. There is no login required on this site. Although we are not affilliated to BlogDrive, the preview/installation process still relies on your BlogDrive account. Hence you must login to BlogDrive before proceeding.
What is my BID (blog ID) number?
Blog ID can be found within the URL in the address bar of your Blog Admin page. Usually around 4-6 numbers.
For example: http://www.blogdrive.com/manage/blog?bid=123456
Will the new template skin erase my web content?
Why doesn't my image appear?
Because you need to upload it to your own BlogDrive "File Manager". BlogDrive offers 1MB free image storage for our blog, but doesn't allow hotlinking. If you have exceeded your storage limit, consider upgrading your account.
Where do I upload my image?
BlogDrive now offers 1MB free image storage on your own account. Under "Utilities --> File Manager --> Images". There are a few good image host too, they can be found on the left hand side of this page. For more detailed instructions, click here.
How do I change the link of the Image URL?
In case you do need to use an external imagehost, follow the few simple steps beneath.
Note:You do not need to follow this if you upload your images to BlogDrive's "File Manager"!
- First, upload your image on to an online image host.
- Obtain the link of your own image. For exmaple: http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v248/blogtemp/eyes.jpg
- Open the downloaded template in NotePad.
- Click Ctrl+F to open the 'Find...' popup window. Type in the image file name (example: eyes.jpg), it'll bring you to the Image URL.
- Apply the neccessary changes:
For example: replace "eye.jpg" with "http://img28.photobucket.com/albums/v148/youraccount/eyes.jpg"
- Save the document. If you are still having trouble, go through the instructions again, you might have missed some small points. Contact me only if you need to.
Can I edit the layout to my own preference?
Yes, you can - if you know the HTML and CSS codes. We would really appreciate it if you would leave a link back to this webpage, after all these are given for free. By doing that, you help to keep us expanding with referals.
Can you make the advertisement dissappear?
Sorry, if you are looking for ways to break rules, please read this article. It is our policy that we respect others. BlogDrive is a free blogging service, a small advert frame can be easily ignored.
I want to make my own template, but I don't know how. Where can I find information?
Well, for starters, you'll need to learn some HTML and CSS to be able to start with. Go to the left hand side bar, there are a few useful links there for your pleasure. For beginners, it's recommendable for you to check out Blogdrive's HTML and CSS guides. It's found on the bottom right corner of the main page.
Hotlinking problem: I want to submit a template, but I'm worried about my images being linked directly from my host.
Don't worry, your images will not appear in the download file, it'll only be used for preview purposes. However this means that if your template have a huge amount of clicks, you might end up exceeding your bandwidth as well.
What is the main criterias of a good blog template?
There are no rules as to how a layout should look or feel. And everyone has different preference. However, this is a small guideline to those who wants to learn more about blogs.
- Resolution Flexibilty - it should be viewable in different resolutions (e.g. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768 etc.) To try out if your template is flexible, simply resize your window to test it. If horizontal scrolling is present, it means that you need to work on something.
- Browser Compatibilty - Try your best to make your template compatible to all browsers, although the majority of internet users uses Internet Explorer, there are some who used Netscape/Mozilla/Safari/Opera/Firefox ...etc. It may be difficult to adapt to all browsers, the least one can do is to make sure there are no broken or hanging tags in your templates codes.
- Page Size - page size affects loading time for your page, the smaller your file size is, the better. The majority of internet users are still on dialup, unlike lucky you. So please be considerate by reducing images and music tracks, if neccessary.
- Uniqueness - Each blog presents it's character of the owner through their content and first impression.
Have any questions? Feel free to ask us, we are more than happy to help! Read the Disclaimer!
Posted at 10:17 am on Friday, June 04, 2004 by Admin